minty doggie treats

Cancy and I are dog- sitting this weekend for some friends of ours. So this meant that Chile had someone to keep her occupied all weekend. I decided this morning to bust out the doggy cook book that I bought awhile ago and be a good dog-mommy. The book came with a doggie bone cookie cutter so the biscuits came out really cute. I have info on the cookbook on the “cookbook” page of the blog. Enjoy! Chile & Mia sure did.


minty doggie treats

Minty Doggie Treats (Howl about a Mint?)

1Tbs Vegetable Oil

1 C Water2

1/2 C Whole Wheat Flour (I only used 2 1/4 C & it worked fine for me)

1/2 C Oatmeal

2 Tbs Dried Mint (Or I used 1/3 C Fresh Mint, chopped)

1/3 C Parsley, chopped

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl combine oil & water. Gradually add flour, oatmeal, mint, & parsley. (Here I only added 2 C of the flour & used the remaining 1/4 C to help roll it out)

Roll dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut with a cookie cutter. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet & back at 375 degrees for 35 minutes. (I only went for 20 minutes and they were perfect) Let cool on a rack and make your puppy really happy.



1 comment: