Pizza Cobbler... Trust me on this one.

So I was looking for a recipe for Pizza Pasta when I came across this recipe. It was super easy and from Rachael Ray so, no surprise that we ended up liking it. It comes together pretty quickly so it’s a good idea for a busy weeknight. With the biscuits on top, It really does taste just like a pizza. Try this one out… I bet you’ll like it.




Pizza Cobbler

1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil

1 cup chopped onion

2 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled

One 8- to 10-ounce package sliced mushrooms

1 1/2 cups tomato sauce

1/2 cup sliced black olives

2/3 cup sliced pepperoni

1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

One 7.5-ounce can refrigerated biscuits, separated and cut into quarters

Preheat the oven to 400°. In a large skillet, combine the oil, onion and garlic and cook on medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the tomato sauce and olives and bring to a simmer.

Spread the sauce mixture in a greased 2-quart baking dish. Arrange the pepperoni in a single layer on top and sprinkle with the cheese. Top with the biscuit pieces. Bake until the cheese is bubbly and the biscuits are browned, about 15 minutes. Let cool for about 5 minutes before serving.

3 comments:

  1. I've made this recipe also. It is very good. The only thing that I did differently was to subtract the mushrooms and olives because my husband does not like them. I added green and red peppers in their stead. (Just the way we like our 'normal' pizzas!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! This looks like comfort food at its finest! I am definitely trying this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a perfect weeknight meal! Delicious!

    ReplyDelete