Baja Chicken Soup

It turned out to be a dark & rainy Saturday so soup sounded pretty good. I found this recipe last week and I had everything on hand so I thought I’d give it a try. I added just a few ingredients to the original and it turned out pretty good. I hope you like it.

Baja Chicken Soup

3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut in bite size pieces
1 tbl olive oil
1 can cheddar cheese soup
3 cups chicken broth
1 can ro-tel
2 cans black beans drained and rinsed
1 can corn
1 small can of chopped black olives (not in the original)
1 packed taco seasoning
1/2 C Fat Free 1/2 & 1/2 (not in the original)

Place olive oil in stock pan, heat over medium heat, throw in chicken. Cook until it's white on outside. (It will cook more so make sure and don't cook all the way through). Place can of soup and chicken broth in pot and bring to boil.

Then place rotel, beans, corn, and black olives in pot. Season to your taste with seasoning packet. When you are about 5 minutes from serving, add Fat Free 1/2 & 1/2 just to help cool down the spiciness. Simmer until heated through and ready to eat.

1 comment: