Summer Shrimp Rolls

This is a recipe that I came across in the June/July ’09 issue of Every Day with Rachael Ray. This was one of the easiest meals to put together. I think I had everything ready to go within 15 minutes. This is definitely a keeper for those summer nights when it’s too hot to cook, but you want something tasty to fill you up.

Summer Shrimp Rolls

1 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 pound large shrimp - peeled, deveined, chopped
3/4 Cup fresh corn kernels, from about 2 ears (I cheated and used a small can of Mexi-Corn)
1/4 Cup Mayonnaise ( I used low fat mayo)
1/4 Cup Pesto
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch cubes ( I used a whole red pepper)
3 scallions, thinly sliced
salt & pepper
4 hot dog buns ( I used 4 small Hawaiian rolls)

In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring, until opaque, about 3 minutes, Remove from the heat, stir in the corn, and let cool.

In a medium bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, pesto, and lemon juice. Add the shrimp-corn mixture, bell pepper & scallions; toss. Season with salt & pepper. Serve in the buns.

2 comments:

  1. This recipe looks like a must try. I adore shrimp and this sounds fantastic! RR really does have some excellent recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful and a more affordable version similar to lobster rolls!

    ReplyDelete