Sloppy Buffalo Joes

Leave it to Rachael Ray make a sloppy joe out of almost anything. J


This was the second time I made these. It’s a great way to get the flavor of buffalo chicken wings in a much healthier meal. You can find Rachael's recipe here. I cut the original recipe in half because it makes so much, but the post below is the original 8 serving recipe. If you like buffalo chicken, you’ll love these.






Sloppy Buffalo Joes



2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)


2 pounds ground chicken or turkey breast


1 carrot, peeled and chopped or grated


2 stalks celery, chopped


1 yellow onion, finely chopped


2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated


Salt and freshly ground black pepper


2 tablespoons red wine vinegar


2 tablespoons brown sugar


1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce


1/4-1/3 cup hot sauce, such as Frank's Red Hot brand


1 cup tomato sauce


1 cup chicken stock


8 good quality burger rolls, split and toasted


1 cup blue cheese crumbles


2 large dill pickles, chopped


 




Heat a large skillet with the EVOO over medium-high heat. Add the meat and break it up with wooden spoon, then cook for 5-6 minutes. Add in the carrots, celery, onions and garlic, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then cook for 7-8 minutes more.

In a bowl, combine the vinegar, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, tomato sauce and stock. Pour into the pan and stir to combine. Simmer a few minutes more. Pile the sloppy Buffalo filling onto the buns and top with blue cheese and chopped pickles.

4 comments:

  1. Last week when I made my menu for this week I planned these for tomorrow night. I can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try these! I pretty much LOVE buffalo-anything! )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I made these a few months ago and was disappointed with how it tasted. I LOVE buffalo chicken but somehow, I dont think ground chicken goes with this. I love the sauce by the way, but I dont think the flavors go together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds awesome! Can't wait to try it. Thanks for posting. Ever had Buffalo chicken lasagna? It's ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete