Cowboy Chicken Spaghetti

I tried this recipe after digging through Pioneer Woman’s cooking section. I love this lady. You’ll have to check out her site. The way she writes about her cooking, her kids, and her life is so direct, comical, & just plain friendly. Plus, her recipes all seem to look amazing.





Cowboy Chicken Spaghetti


2 Cups of cooked chicken


2 Cans of Low Sodium Cream of Mushroom Soup


2 Cups of grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese


¼ Cup of finely diced green pepper


½ Cup of finely diced onion


4oz jar of diced pimentos, drained


3 Cups of dry spaghetti, broken into two inch pieces


2 Cups of reserved chicken broth from pot


1 teaspoon Lawry’s Seasoning Salt


1/8 – ¼ teaspoon of Cayenne pepper


Salt & Pepper to taste


1 additional Cup of grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese


 


Cut up fryer chicken and pick out the meat to make two cups. Cook Spaghetti in the same chicken broth until al dente. Do not overcook. When spaghetti is cooked, drain & then combine with remaining ingredients except for the 1 additional Cup of grated Sharp Cheddar.


 


Place mixture in a casserole pan and then top with remaining Sharp Cheddar. Bake @ 350 degrees for 45 minutes, until bubbly. (If the cheese starts to get too cooked, cover with foil.)



2 comments:

  1. I stumbled across your blog and I am LOVING IT!!! I am from Texas originally and my mom used to make this for my cowboy dad a lot. I always ask for her recipe and her response is, "I don't use a recipe, I just know how to make it!"

    This is the epitome of comfort food for me. Thank you for posting this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, I'm so glad you liked this. :) A lot of these recipes are thanks in part to my Texas born & raised husband. 5 years ago, in Minnesota I was not cooking like this at all. :)

    ReplyDelete