Cake Batter Ice Cream

I’ve had this recipe starred in my Google Reader for awhile now. Today was another hot Texas Summer day so I thought it would be the perfect time for Birthday Cake Ice Cream. This was delicious. I’d say it’s probably one of my favorite ice cream recipes, I’ve tried so far. Very Rich, Very Sweet... Next time, if anything, I may just cut down the sugar to about 1/4 Cup. But this is definitely worth trying out.

Cake Batter Ice Cream

1 cup whole milk

1/2 cup sugar

2 cups heavy whipping cream
(I used fat free 1/2 & 1/2)

1 cup boxed cake mix

Sprinkles, if desired

Mix the milk and sugar until the sugar is dissolved.  Pour in the heavy whipping cream and cake mix.  Whisk together until completely mixed in.

Turn on ice cream maker and pour in mix.  Let churn for 25 minutes.  Pour in the sprinkles during the last five minutes of churning.

Transfer to a bowl and freeze.

2 comments:

  1. I just posted this - it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you liked it!!! We liked this one a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete