Baked Green Olive Cheese Puffs

What a super easy appetizer!!! :) I found these on Kate’s blog the other day. Check out her link. I like her picture a lot better.

We had some friends over for a little cook-out last night & needed something to snack on while we grilled everything. I thought they were pretty tasty little bites and being that we didn’t have any leftover, I think everyone else agreed.

Baked Green Olive Cheese Puffs

1 1/4 c. finely shredded cheddar cheese
2 1/2 T. butter or margarine
1/2 c. flour
1/2 t. cumin (I used 1/2 tsp)
1/8 t. cayenne pepper, (I used 1 tsp)
1 small jar of green olives (you’ll need about 25 – 30)

Combine cheese and butter in a food processor until smooth. Run on low speed and add in flour and spices.

Using a teaspoon dough, flatten and wrap completely around one olive. (Again, I just do this in my hand.) Repeat until done. Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes, until golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment