Buffalo Chicken Soup

I heard about this soup but couldn't find a good recipe that I liked. I combined a few of the recipes that I came across on google and ended up with this. It turned out really good. This is definately something we will be making again. The only thing I might do different next time is use Spicy Garlic sauce from Buffalo Wild Wings. I hear we are getting one in Austin soon. Those wings use to be a Wednesday night tradition when we lived in Minnesota. Until then, here is the recipe using Frank's Red Hot Buffalo sauce.

 Buffalo Chicken Soup

Buffalo Chicken Soup

1 sm. onion - chopped

2 ribs celery - chopped

1 Tbsp “I can’t believe it’s not butter” spread

1/4 cup whole wheat flour

3/4 cup skim milk

3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth

2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced

1/2 cup Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo sauce

4 oz. low fat Velveeta®, cubed

1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper

1/2 tsp. celery salt

1/2 tsp. garlic salt

In a 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, sauté onions and celery in butter until tender.
Stir flour into pan; slowly whisk in milk and broth.
Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the cheese has melted.We sprinkled a little bit of blue cheese on top & served this with celery sticks blue cheese dressing.

4 servings. Each serving =192 calories, 4.8 g Fat, 33.6 mg Cholesterol, 1441.8 mg Sodium, 15.9 g Carbohydrates, 18 g Protein

2 comments:

  1. This is so unique! It sounds like a great twist on one of my favorite foods. I've never heard of turning it into a soup before. The calorie count isn't too bad either. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] recipes using the flavor of buffalo wings and making it a little less guilty. I’ve already made Buffalo Chicken Soup, and so why not try Rachel’s Buffalo Chicken [...]

    ReplyDelete