Elly's Greek Lamburgers

I knew I would find a great lamb recipe on Elly’s site. I love Greek food & Elly cooks Greek food. Pretty simple combination. I didn’t change a thing on her recipe. It’s wonderful just as she has it.


 


As for the presentation, I just served this with a simple Greek salad mixture. Tomatoes, Red Onion, Cucumber, & Kalamata olives (all topped with a little Feta cheese). To keep the carbs low, I just used 1/2 a pita for each burger. Cancy really liked these, and since it was Greek, I of course loved them.






Elly’s Greek Lamburgers


 



1 lb. ground lamb
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. allspice
1 Tbsp oregano
1/4 cup onion, finely minced or grated
2 cloves garlic, finely minced or pressed
ground pepper to taste
2 pitas, halved
olive oil

 


Mix all ingredients together and shape into four patties. (I actually made mine in half moons since we were eating them on pita halves).


Lightly grease and heat grill. Grill burgers approximately 4 minutes per side or until desired degree of doneness.


Brush or spray pita halves with olive oil and toss on the grill for about 30-60 seconds. Stuff pitas with patties and top with whatever you like!



 


 

1 comment:

  1. So glad you liked them! I haven't had ground lamb in a while so I think I need to buy some. They look great!

    ReplyDelete