Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Pops / Cake Balls

I’ve made Red Velvet cake balls before and they were delicious so I wanted to try it again. So instead of Red Velvet, I decided to use my favorite combination of flavors and go for chocolate & peanut butter. Yum! And also for something a little different, I wanted to try them as cake pops instead of just cake balls. You’ll get the full details of the cake pop process from Bakerella’s site. Below is my short & sweet how-to...






Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Pops / Cake Balls


1 box chocolate cake mix (cook as directed on box for 13 X 9 cake)


1 can chocolate frosting (16 oz.)


1 package chocolate Wilton Peanut butter melting chips


wax paper


Wilton Lollipop stocks


 


After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl.


Mix thoroughly with 1 can chocolate frosting. (It may be easier to use fingers to mix together, but be warned it will get messy.)


Roll mixture into quarter size balls and lay on cookie sheet. (Should make 45-50. You can get even more if you use a mini ice cream scooper, but I like to hand roll them.)


Chill for about 15 minutes before putting a Wilton lollipop stick in,


Chill for several hours. (You can speed this up by putting in the freezer.)


Melt peanut butter melting chips in microwave per directions on package.


Roll balls in melted peanut butter chips and lay on wax paper until firm. (It’s easiest if you hold the stick and use to twist into the melted peanut butter and then tap off extra.)



 

4 comments:

  1. What a great combo for cake balls!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the choc./peanut butter idea! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome idea! I'm about to try my hand at cake pops this weekend for my class. Where did you get the glassine bags? What size are they? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie, I got them at Michael's in the aisle with the Wilton stuff. I don't remember the size though but they are super cheap.

    ReplyDelete