Avocado Shake

I had the most amazing avocado gelato the last time I was at Whole Foods. I’ve only had avocado before as something savory; never anything sweet. The gelato got me thinking that I could do a shake similar to it.


We always have avocado in the fridge and I had some non-fat sweetened condensed milk that I found in the pantry. So out of that, comes the lovely pale green avocado shake.


You’ve got to be brave. Cancy didn’t like it. He said it tasted it like grass. I, however thought it tasted almost just like the gelato from Whole Foods. Granted, we probably won’t make this very often but it was fun experiment.





Avocado Shake


1 medium ripe avocado


1 cup ice


1/2 cup non-fat sweetened condensed milk


1/2 tsp vanilla extract


1/4 to 1/2 cup skim milk


Scoop the avocado flesh into the blender. Add the ice, condensed milk, & vanilla. Add only 1/4 cup of the skim milk and begin blending. Add additional milk to reach the right consistency.



1 comment:

  1. I had an avocado shake at a Vietnamese restaurant the other day and it was AMAZING! I want to try this recipe now!

    ReplyDelete