Creamed Spinach

Who would’ve thought? We like creamed spinach. There, out with it. I’ve never even heard of this dish until I came across it on Pioneer Woman’s blog. She has yet to steer me wrong. I promise you will like ever singl recipe that you try of hers. Yes, including creamed spinach. Try it.




Cream. Spinach.  


Spinach


olive oil


butter


2 cloves of garlic, chopped


1 medium onion, diced


1 Cup of heavy cream


salt & pepper.


Melt 2 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add diced onions and chopped & garlic and sauté until translucent.


Now add in the spinach. Lightly press it down with a spoon and toss it very gently as it wilts.


Stop when the spinach is pretty wilted, but not completely falling apart.


Add in about a cup of heavy cream. Sprinkle in some salt & pepper to taste. (I added just a dash of nutmeg here, thought it added to the dish)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment